Jessica and Spencer discuss
- Simone Too
- Shutting down the ranch and options for an athlete and parent association
- Karolyi Ranch PTSD is real
- Maggie Nichols is Athlete A
- Maggie and her coach Sarah Jantzi reported Nassar to USA Gymnastics in June 2015
- Complaint states that Steve Penny discouraged her parents from reporting to law enforcement
- Nassar was allowed to see patients for two years while under criminal investigation by MSU
- USAG’s awful reaction statement reveals not a web of lies, but a web of stupid
- We break down USAG’s commitment to “well, actually”-ing the survivors, while simultaneously admitting misdeeds
- The trouble with Fran. When is an “investigator” actually an “investigator”?
- USAG claims it did not identify interviewed athletes by name. Really, though?
- At what point is it time to close down USAG and start over?
- In motion to dismiss, he claims Rachael should really be suing her own mom
- Survivor statements indicate he knew as early as 1997
- A listener asks why we seem to hate Geddert so much on this show. We explain. Read the details of police investigations into Geddert here.
- MSU follows suit
- Marcia Frederick, first US Gymnastics world champion, shares story of abuse
- Paul Ziert asks who approved the Maroney settlement and where the money came from
- Live stream of Nassar sentencing trial survivor impact statements watch here
NCAA NEWS (50:00)
- The week that vault turned impossible
- The Maddie Desch vault debacle, explained
- The difference between elite and NCAA vault rules, and why NCAA is SAFER
- Why is everyone trying to vault when their steps are off?
- “Persistedness” — a deep dive
- Suzanne’s back and she’s already being SO Suzanne
- Lauren Rice is amazing and life is unfair
- The triumphant return of CRACK OR CORRECT?
- The GymCastic seal of approval goes to Khazia Hislop of UNC for floor (at 1:30:00)
- Full episode recap here
SUPPORT THE SHOW
- 286: Cover Your Eyes and Silently Scream
- 285: Bring on 2018!
- 284: Morgan Hurd
- 282: GymCastic Book Club – Fierce, by Aly Raisman
- 281.5: Aly Raisman Comes Forward As Nassar Victim
- 277.5: McKayla Maroney Alleges Abuse from Nassar
- 187: McKayla Maroney
- 238: Maggie Nichols & KJ Kindler
- 88: Rhonda Faehn & Mackenzie Caquatto
- 77: Aly Raisman
- Episode 15: Joan Ryan Author of Little Girls in Pretty Boxes
- Episode 56: Preventing Abuse in Gymnastics
- 163: ENOUGH