- Live Show with Kennedy Baker and our overall impressions of the weekend (3:58)
- UCLA wins its 7th national title in remarkable upset fashion! (Super Six 13:19)
- Peng. Peng Peng Peng Peng Peng. Peng.
- Oklahoma finishes less than a single deduction behind UCLA. It’s the Gutsu/Miller of our time.
- We break down the small, tiny, minuscule, infinitesimal differences that decided the title
- Jessica and Spencer argue over how to count to 4. FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT.
- Most exciting Super Six EVAH?
- BYES ARE OVER. Why this was the best possible advertisement for a four-team final, and why it’s going to get even harder next year.
- Important Moments about Feelings with Jessica (28:56)
- Cereal gobbling, romance, wedgies, hot dads, crying, car accidents, positivity, red pants, hype planes, chariots, dino buns, Disney World, EEEEEEEEEEEEE…you know how it goes
- Probably too much discussion of coach fashion and hot random staff members (just kidding) (it’s never too much) (Suzanne’s heels, you guys)
- Special New Segment: Crack or Crack? The answer is Crack.
- Why Ebee transcends teams and stole the show in the semifinal for multiple standing ovations and Jessica tears (Semifinals 52:29)
- Just Maggie Nichols things
- Alabama misses Super Six for the first time since 2007, without counting a fall
- Cursed floor mats and lights flickering (1:24:50)
- Spencer has a random complaint about the rules. We’re all shocked.
GYMTERNET NEWS (1:42:30)
- WSJ published a chronology of the sexual abuse of McKayla Maroney
- The hour-long Dateline with Maroney and the Karolyis. We have some……notes.
- Was it too charitable to the Karolyis?
- Is over-focusing on the Karolyis missing the point and diverting attention?
- NBC fails to acknowledge its own role in perpetuating the Karolyi system
- Martha doesn’t think the gymnasts were afraid of her, was never verbally abusive, and never called them fat.
- Mmmmmm. Mmmhmmm. Sure. We believe you.
- Except we don’t. Here are the receipts.
- “I don’t see any other way.” Let us show you.
- Maroney calls out the “silent abuse,” the “torture camp,” and the system of fear and punishment that opened the door for grooming behavior
- We ask: Why isn’t anyone investigating AOGC?
- “You knew what I ate, you knew what I wore, you controlled what I said—how could you not know?”
- Gina Nichols staring angrily out a window is our spirit animal
- More trouble with Fran, a.k.a. Some Random Lady. Aly has the texts.
- SIMONE TRAINING VIDEO DISTRACTION (2:42:46)
- Double double on bars, double double on beam, SHAP HALF, Moors, TTY. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
SUPPORT THE SHOW
- 300: Jesolo and Tokyo for the Brave 300
- 299: When Sabrina and Rhys Became Legends
- 298: Geddert and Karolyis Rage-O-Meter Special
- 297: The Jig of Victory
- 296: Komova in Stuttgart, NCAA Crack, and the Ranch Incident
- 295: Elvire Teza and Cecile Canqueteau-Landi
- 294: American Cup 2018
- 293: EXCLUSIVE Inside Elite Verification
- 287: Simone and Maggie Too
- 282: GymCastic Book Club – Fierce, by Aly Raisman
- 281.5: Aly Raisman Comes Forward As Nassar Victim
- 277.5: McKayla Maroney Alleges Abuse from Nassar
- 190: Maroney’s Coaches Respond, Do-Overs, Drug Tests, Glasgow and Gymnix
- 187: McKayla Maroney
What about the Russians championship :(?
I really don\’t like the bit about how Landi had Simone doing events the first day back at the same time she was struggling with leg lifts. He says he wants to keep her healthy but then he goes and does that?
I\’m with Spencer all the way. When there is a three way tie for first, the next person is the fourth best, hence 4th place.