Club Gym Nerd members can watch the podcast being recorded and see some of the gymnastics we discuss, plus get access to all of our exclusive interviews and Behind The Scenes episodes.
Please login to your Club Gym Nerd account to listen and/or watch this episode. Not a member? Join here.
- The regionals draw is out! We discuss who is going where and the juiciest matchups and potential upsets
- The Airing of Grievances: “geographical” placement, Iowa State getting hosed, “Lexy Rainier” and “Jordan Chillus,” play-ins as a failed species, and why we need more snakes
- If all the conferences can give out a bunch of awards, so can we. We decide to throw some random awards at some random people
- About conference championships: Suni’s 9.450, the Lauren Guerin affair, a weed-a-tard, and more.
- At the DTB Cup, the US women took the senior title over Italy on D score, and Andreoli established herself as our favorite of all time forever
- What the head coach of the US team actually does at international meets, Vanessa Atler’s post about Valeri, and…is Cecile Landi up for the national team coordinator position or not?
- The Cairo World Cup, and the importance of warm weather and arena design.
- Carlos Yulo has launched a perfume company.
- Chuso is getting a gymnastics school named after her.
- Another ex-WOGA gymnasts comes forward.
- King Kohei has released an NFT collection to commemorate his retirement.
- Rustam Sharipov, head coach of Ohio State’s men’s gymnastics team, is calling on Ohioans to donate athletic tape and hand grips for gymnasts competing with the Ukrainian Gymnastics Federation.
JOIN CLUB GYM NERD
- Join Club Gym Nerd (or give it as a gift!) for access to Behind the Scenes episodes.
- Buy our awesome clothing and gifts here.
- We have masks too!
Download Your NCAA Championship Cheat Sheet!
Club Gym Nerd members get your free NCAA Championships cheat sheet which explains how the teams are seeded in the regions, how they qualify, how individuals qualify, and how each advances. Plus a bracket you can fill in.
RELATED EPISODES & RESOURCES
- Donate grips and tape for Ukranian gymnasts
- Donate to family of Alabama volunteer assistant coach in Ukraine
- Recognize gymnastics skills like a pro by using the Clickable Code of Points with gifs from The Balance Beam Situation
- To follow the effects of the Russian invasion to Ukraine on gymnastics, go to Gymnovosti
- Chief Director of Drama and Chaos
- The 198 Era
- 2022 Winter Cup Recap
- Nile Wilson Interview & Winter Cup 2022 Preview
- National Collegiate Achilles Apocalypse
- Masterful, Exceptional, Perfection
- You Can’t Sit on Two Chairs
- Spitfire: The Movie (Commissioned)
- Nadia: The Movie (Commissioned)
MORE WAYS TO LISTEN
what if instead of the play-in meets the lower teams both got to compete in the semifinal and the top seed only has to compete in the regional final (5 team meet with top 2 advancing to nationals)
J: Bvlgari? What is that?
J: Why is there a “v” where the “u” should be?
S: Oh, you don’t understand culture.
I am HERE for this!