We want your opinion! Tell us what you think here.
EXTRA CLUB CONTENT
Club Gym Nerd members can watch the video version of the show, join us for live podcasts once a week, get extended and early releases of interviews, and have early access to live show tickets. Please login to your Club Gym Nerd account to listen and/or watch this episode. Not a member? Join here.
- This was the year the women truly understood the meaning of Winter Cup: Falling
- We discuss Lexi Zeiss going full Ellie Black on this meet, the importance of being Nola Matthews, and our breakout stars—and breakout comedians—of the women’s senior session (with some Cottbus thrown in for luck)
- Whose floor routines escaped THE WRATH OF DONATELLA? Not many. But a couple. Like, exactly 2. One, Two. Then we send some overdone choreographic gestures to a farm upstate.
- The broadcast: why NBC is actually…getting better?
- Plus, some gymnerd deep cut YouTube assignments, and that time Yul Moldauer went “ALTERNATE THIS” all over the men’s competition.
NCAA Week 8 Headlines
- Standing full alert!
- An update on the 10s record chase, and we answer the question: Why does Jade Carey have nine 10s while Jordan Chiles has four?
- Oklahoma set a program record and an all-time NQS record this week
- Dear the equipment, um…are you OK?
- Feedback on SABOTAGE and the importance of HBCUs in gymnastics
- We had a rare, mythic 10.000/9.800 judges split this week, so we go CORRECT OR CORRUPT
- Check out the NQS Tracker here.
JOIN CLUB GYM NERD
- Join Club Gym Nerd (or give it as a gift!) for access to weekly Behind the Scenes episodes.
- Club Gym Nerd members can watch the podcast being recorded and see some of the gymnastics we discuss, plus get access to all of our exclusive interviews and Behind The Scenes episodes.
- Week One of College & Cocktails: The Friday Night NCAA Gymnastics Post-Meet Show is available to sample (even if you aren’t a Club Gym Nerd member yet). Watch or listen here.
- Buy our awesome clothing and gifts here.
- We have a Ukraine Fundraiser design, all proceeds go to the CARE Ukraine Crisis fund.
RELATED EPISODES & RESOURCES
- With the Intensity of a Raisman
- To Score the Impossible Score
- College & Cocktails: Minnesota vs Michigan
- College & Cocktails: UCLA at Utah
- What Happens in the Air, Stays in the Air
- NCAA Gymnastics with Vanessa Atler
- Project K Episode 2
- Project K Episode 1
- Gymnastics History and Code of Points Archive from Uncle Tim
Donatella’s first rule “Be white”
Donatella’s second rule “no Simone”.
Both based on her interview on Nick Ruddock’s podcast.