We want your opinion! Tell us what you think here.
EXTRA CLUB CONTENT
Club Gym Nerd members can watch the video version of the show, join us for live podcasts once a week, get extended and early releases of interviews, and have early access to live show tickets. Please login to your Club Gym Nerd account to listen and/or watch this episode. Not a member? Join here.
- Starting with the good stuff: This Def happened from Haruka Nakamura (JPN)
- Now to the bad: Al Fong is under SafeSport investigation with 40 allegations spanning decades. We discuss why on earth this investigation has taken 2.5 years so far and whether it is acceptable to take a break from an investigation for the Olympics.
- John Roethlisberger breaking the news that USAG Team Strategic Lead is pregnant and Simone Biles is “back in the gym”.
Winter Cup Preview
- We preview the senior women’s competition at Winter Cup this week, featuring the most anticipated new seniors and injury comebacks, top returning favorites, and whether there might be any Donatella Effect.
- Plus, what’s on the line for the junior women and whether there might be an EVO factor in the men’s meet.
- How to watch Winter Cup 2023:
Friday February 24
- Senior Women Podium Training – 8:00am ET/5:00am PT – USAG YouTube
- Senior Men’s AA – 1:30pm ET/10:30am PT – USAG YouTube
- Nastia Cup – 7:00pm ET/4:00pm PT – USAG YouTube
Saturday February 25
- Senior Women – 1:00pm ET/10:00am PT – NBC
- Junior men whatever
Sunday February 26
- Junior Women – 12:00pm ET/9:00am PT – USAG YouTube
- Men Event Finals – 5:30pm ET/2:30pm PT – USAG YouTube
NCAA Week 7 Headlines
- National Qualifying Score (NQS) is now in effect. We discuss what it is and who it benefits, and how Oklahoma already has a chance to set an all-time record. In February.
- Strategy season: Which teams are taking a resting approach and which teams are going all-out every meet
- Trinity moved one step closer to the 10s record, and it’s Senior Night this Friday.
- Another score sheet signed in protest. WE LOVE IT.
- Spencer needs college commentators to stop constantly talking about the parents, and Jessica needs all other schools to take a cue from LIU when it comes to meet themes
- Plus, an anonymous judge spills THE TEA
- Check out the NQS Tracker here.
- Link to the study mentioned at the end of the show
JOIN CLUB GYM NERD
- Join Club Gym Nerd (or give it as a gift!) for access to weekly Behind the Scenes episodes.
- Club Gym Nerd members can watch the podcast being recorded and see some of the gymnastics we discuss, plus get access to all of our exclusive interviews and Behind The Scenes episodes.
- Week One of College & Cocktails: The Friday Night NCAA Gymnastics Post-Meet Show is available to sample (even if you aren’t a Club Gym Nerd member yet). Watch or listen here.
- Buy our awesome clothing and gifts here.
- We have a Ukraine Fundraiser design, all proceeds go to the CARE Ukraine Crisis fund.
RELATED EPISODES & RESOURCES
- To Score the Impossible Score
- College & Cocktails: Minnesota vs Michigan
- College & Cocktails: UCLA at Utah
- What Happens in the Air, Stays in the Air
- NCAA Gymnastics with Vanessa Atler
- Project K Episode 2
- Project K Episode 1
- Gymnastics History and Code of Points Archive from Uncle Tim