English Nationals, NCAA Conference Championships and Jesolo are on the menu this week. Uncle Tim, Emma, Spencer, Spanny, Evan, and Jessica chat about:
- Princess Catherine leading her troops to battle to strike fear into the heart of the balance beam.
- Senior champ Amy Tinkler, is her pepto-pink gym at South Durham, the key to her success?
- Claudia Fragapane’s improvement from her American Cup fall-a-thon.
- Lisa Mason’s triumphant performance, pep talks to the baby gymnasts, Artistry award and practically leaping onto the judges table to dare them to deduct from her floor routine!
- The British Bars Revolution: Kelly Sim and Becky Downie are doing bars that make you wonder if their routines aren’t actually YouTube edited pranks.
- Jingoistic floor routine musical advice for the Rio Olympics, from a self-proclaimed Brazilian cultural expert.
- Louis Smith competed well but raised some eyebrows with his post-meet exit.
- The reason for Max Whitlock’s spectacular but limited performance plus, injury updates on our favorite English gymnasts.
NCAA Conference Championships (28:00)
- Shawn Johnson tweeted that she wants to coach a college team. Where do we think she’d fit in and what are the most important traits of a great coach?
- Bedazzling Beelzebub sparkle-tards -The leotard debate.
- New vocabulary word “pusillanimous: showing a lack of courage or determination; timid.“ as in, wimp.
- Would Minnesota’s Linday Mable get better scores if she was a member of one of the six schools that have won an NCAA Championship.
- Regional seeding and our picks for biggest upsets.
- Coolest vault in college, Alex Marasco – Yurchenko ½ on or a Yurchenko full-on Cuervo.
- Most robbed vaulter last weekend, Jaida Lawrence of West Virginia.
- Rage-o-Meter regarding the Pac 12 Networks decision to zoom in on every inopportune moment of every routine. Dear Director’s of Television Gymnastics, here are the rules:
- We do not use stick and ball sports analogies to explain artistic gymnastics.
- Never, ever, zoom in during a routine, ever. That’s what secondary camera playbacks are for.
- We do not zoom in between the hip bones and thighs, ever. If that accidentally happens, the director will immediately switch to a different camera.
Jesolo Competition Preview! (1:35:00)
- How did this meet become the debutant ball of US Gymnastics?
- Gabby, Aly, Simone, Skaggs, Hernandez, Flatley – gymnasts we are most excited to see in Italy!
WATCH JESOLO LIVE! Watch the defending World Champion, Simone Biles compete against the defending Olympic champion, Gabby Douglas, for the first time since the 1980 Olympic Games! The Italian Gymnastics Federation will carry a live webstream of the Jesolo competition on its YouTube Channel, www.youtube.com/user/FGIfederginnastica.
Schedule: March 25, junior team qualification; March 26, senior team qualification; March 28, junior and senior team and all-around finals; and March 29, individual event finals.The defending champion (US) and host country automatically participate in the finals on March 28, and the top eight athletes, with a maximum of two per team, advance to the event finals on March 29.
- 82: Cottbus, English Championships & Danusia Francis finally gets a 10 on beam!
- 69: 2009 World Champion Kayla Williams & Alabama’s Sarah Patterson
- 84: Meet Recaps! Jesolo & NCAA Conference Championships
- 88: Rhonda Faehn & Mackenzie Caquatto
- 135: The Duchess of Stalderland
- 134: 409 Wins Restored, Lives Still Ruined
- 137: Lady Lisa Mason
- 136: Full Out Syndrome
- Episode 16: Elizabeth Price