English Nationals, NCAA Conference Championships and Jesolo are on the menu this week (Originally aired March 25th, 2015). Uncle Tim, Emma, Spencer, Spanny, Evan, and Jessica chat about:
- Princess Catherine leading her troops to battle to strike fear into the heart of the balance beam.
- Senior champ Amy Tinkler, is her pepto-pink gym at South Durham, the key to her success?
- Claudia Fragapane’s improvement from her American Cup fall-a-thon.
- Lisa Mason’s triumphant performance, pep talks to the baby gymnasts, Artistry award and practically leaping onto the judges table to dare them to deduct from her floor routine!
- The British Bars Revolution: Kelly Sim and Becky Downie are doing bars that make you wonder if their routines aren’t actually YouTube edited pranks.
- Jingoistic floor routine musical advice for the Rio Olympics, from a self-proclaimed Brazilian cultural expert.
- Louis Smith competed well but raised some eyebrows with his post-meet exit.
- The reason for Max Whitlock’s spectacular but limited performance plus, injury updates on our favorite English gymnasts.
NCAA Conference Championships (28:00)
- Shawn Johnson tweeted that she wants to coach a college team. Where do we think she’d fit in and what are the most important traits of a great coach?
- Bedazzling Beelzebub sparkle-tards -The leotard debate.
- New vocabulary word “pusillanimous: showing a lack of courage or determination; timid.“ as in, wimp.
- Would Minnesota’s Linday Mable get better scores if she was a member of one of the six schools that have won an NCAA Championship.
- Regional seeding and our picks for biggest upsets.
- Coolest vault in college, Alex Marasco – Yurchenko ½ on or a Yurchenko full-on Cuervo.
- Most robbed vaulter last weekend, Jaida Lawrence of West Virginia.
- Rage-o-Meter regarding the Pac 12 Networks decision to zoom in on every inopportune moment of every routine. Dear Director’s of Television Gymnastics, here are the rules:
- We do not use stick and ball sports analogies to explain artistic gymnastics.
- Never, ever, zoom in during a routine, ever. That’s what secondary camera playbacks are for.
- We do not zoom in between the hip bones and thighs, ever. If that accidentally happens, the director will immediately switch to a different camera.
Jesolo Competition Preview! (1:35:00)
- How did this meet become the debutant ball of US Gymnastics?
- Gabby, Aly, Simone, Skaggs, Hernandez, Flatley – gymnasts we are most excited to see in Italy!
- 82: Cottbus, English Championships & Danusia Francis finally gets a 10 on beam!
- 69: 2009 World Champion Kayla Williams & Alabama’s Sarah Patterson
- 84: Meet Recaps! Jesolo & NCAA Conference Championships
- 88: Rhonda Faehn & Mackenzie Caquatto
- 135: The Duchess of Stalderland
- 134: 409 Wins Restored, Lives Still Ruined
- 137: Lady Lisa Mason
- 136: Full Out Syndrome
- Episode 16: Elizabeth Price