Club Gym Nerd members can watch the podcast being recorded and see video clips of the gymnastics while we discuss.
OLYMPIC PREVIEW PART 1: Teams
- Today, we preview the 12 teams qualified to the women’s competition at the Olympics: who’s on them, expectations, storylines, and medal hopes.
- United States: How much of a fall buffer does the US have over everyone else? What records is Simone going to break, and when? And what 2-per-country problems should we start worrying about?
- Russia: How has this Russian generation closed the gap on the United States? Will Russia beat China for silver? Will a Russian win an all-around medal?
- China: How China is changing the tired narrative, both in age and event strength. You want 2-per-country drama? Check out the Chinese team trying to make the beam final.
- Japan: How will the team handle the host-country pressure? And how do we bring #JusticeforMai full circle?
- Italy: It’s Vanessa Ferrari’s 4th Olympics. Will a year of injuries compromise Italy’s chance of another bronze medal?
- All your US questions post-trials in a rapid-fire Q&A. Well, medium-fire. OK, slow-fire. Plus what happened to Charlotte Drury and many other trampolinists. We discuss why the women’s alternates changed since Olympic Trials.
- France: It’s Melanie time! Plus, can Boyer do it again? How will the team fare without Lorette Charpy?
- Canada: Never count out Ellie Black. The proper response to Brooklyn Moors’ floor. How will an event-final focused selection strategy affect the team score?
- Netherlands: Eythora’s voice-floor, Sanne’s beam, and everything else about the most artistic team at the Olympics.
- Belgium: Will Nina win bars gold? Plus an intense breakdown of her very divisive floor routine.
- Germany: The sentimental underdogs of the Olympics bringing the age and unitard revolution. Also, why does Seitz not have more medals, and what are we doing about that?
- Spain: How do we get Roxana Popa back a floor final?
JOIN CLUB GYM NERD
- Join Club Gym Nerd or buy a gift membership for access to Behind the Scenes episodes.
- Behind The Scenes After Olympic Trials
- We Have Olympic Teams! Olympic Trials Day Two for Men & Women
- Live From Olympic Trials: Men & Women Day One
- Behind The Scenes: Post-Championships Debrief
- Behind The Scenes: Day Two US Women’s Championships 2021
- Behind The Scenes: Day One US Women’s Championships 2021
- Buy our awesome clothing and gifts here.
- We have masks too! And Pride gear!
- Olympic Trials Party and Postmortem
- Olympic Trials Preview: The Case for Every Athlete
- 2021 US Nationals Recap, Starring Petition Drama
- Gymnastics International: It’s Not Nabs!
- Don’t Sign National Team Agreement Until You Listen
- Simone Biles’ Yurchenko Double Pike Has Landed and US Classic Review
- 440: Chinese Gymnastics Team Trainer: Annemarie Alf DPT, CSCS
MORE WAYS TO LISTEN