The US is lucky enough to have a World floor finalist, Stanford alum and Nissan-Emery winner Eddie Penev back on their team. With dual-citizenship, he used to compete for Bulgaria but now he’s alllll ours again. He just won floor and vault at Anadia and has basically has every skill in the book on floor. This week he chats with Blythe and Jessica. We discuss:
- Why he switched from Bulgaria to the United States even though the US is so much more competitive, and harder for him to make a World team.
- What he learned from teammate Jordan Jovtchev.
- Standardizing equipment for international competitions.
- The current state of Bulgarian gymnastics.
- The biggest party animals and goofballs on the US men’s team.
- Growing up in New York with gymnastics parents.
- How he can help the US with our pommel horse deficit.
- Presentation and artistry work at US training camps.
Remember to leave us a voicemail question or topic for discussion for our 100th episode!
- 97: Anadia World Cup & Canadian Nationals
- Episode 35: Jake Dalton
- Episode 24: Sho Nakamori & Match-Play Meet Debrief with Justin Spring
- Episode 55: Worlds Wrap Up & Ferlito-Gate
- Episode 54: Event Finals Recap from 2013 World Championships
- Episode 53: All Around Finals Recap from Antwerp World Championships
- Episode 52: Triumph & Heartbreak Prelims Recap from Antwerp Worlds
- 72: John Orozco
- Episode 40: Michigan’s Stacey Ervin
- Episode 32: Sam Mikulak & 2013 Men’s NCAA Championships
- Episode 21: Kyle Shewfelt
The GymCastic Podcast by gymcastic.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work at gymcastic.com.