Rheagan Courville, The Tigress of the Bayou joins us this week. The former US Classic champion, Patterson beam-dismounter, two-time NCAA vault champion, fashion icon and owner of the highest standing Arabian in the game is here! We discuss:
- The secret to the height and consistency of her standing Arabian on beam.
- How University of Georgia emigre, coach Jay Clark, has improve her bars about a billion percent from her elite days.
- Cardio secrets of the indefatigable LSU floor lineup.
- How her positive and negative experiences in the sport fuel her gymnastics now.
- Future plans, skills she’s hiding up her sleeve and her love for Louisiana.
- Fashion: What did Miley Cyrus tell Rheagan about her style and will she be able to up Jay Clark’s shoe game?
- Beyond The Routine: Oklahoma Gymnastics
- Brenna Dowell: her perspective college vs. elite gymnastics, skill strategy, transition of normal human life and her crib tour!
- We were shocked to find out they consider themselves the underdogs and see K.J. so intimately involved in the technical aspects of coaching.
- Predicting NCAA Women’s NCAA Championships preview by the numbers
- How important are the rankings, does seeding really matter?
- Which team historically kicks ass in the post-season, and which teams do worse during championship season
- Do teams switch ranking order in the post-season or have training plans been mastered to keep injuries at bay?
- Men’s NCAA Championships
- Vault Gate — when the injury substitution rule can be too easily manipulated.
- Oklahoma are concurrent champions in both men’s and women’s gymnastics right now.
- The men’s stick bonus allows each team to carry around a gigantic eraser and get rid of mistakes.
- Stanford’s Sean Senters did the TRIPLE TWISTING YURCHENKO!
Who: Shannon freaking Miller will be our May Book Club guest.
Deadline: Send in questions by May 6th.
How: Pre-order your book here, read it, treasure it forever, then send your questions for Shannon to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by voicemail at (415) 800-3191/Skype “GymCastic Podcast”
What the Number Say About NCAA Nationals – sexy data by Kristen Watkins
- 90: The 2014 Women’s NCAA Championships! Plus details from the Ljubljana World Cup, Korean Meet and Romania takes on Belgium and France
- 87: NCAA Regionals, Russian Nationals & Miss Lloimincia Hall is discovered
- 82: Cottbus, English Championships & Danusia Francis finally gets a 10 on beam!
- 69: 2009 World Champion Kayla Williams & Alabama’s Sarah Patterson
- 84: Meet Recaps! Jesolo & NCAA Conference Championships88: Rhonda Faehn & Mackenzie Caquatto
- 135: The Duchess of Stalderland
- 134: 409 Wins Restored, Lives Still Ruined
- 137: Lady Lisa Mason
- 136: Full Out Syndrome
- Episode 16: Elizabeth Price
This is how boys salute when they win an NCAA Championships. GymCastic stamp of approval. Thank you Kristen at Fantasy Gymnastics for these gifs!