- The rules for pre-floor routine walk out choreography; our dos and don’ts.
- Laura Jurica (ROM) has made progress on bars.
- If there were gymnastics-satyr made of Mustafin’s arms and Shawn Johnson’s power, it would be little Russian power house, Seda Tutkhalyan.
- The throwback Pozar-esque folk dance floor from new senior Anastasia Dimitrieva (RUS).
- The triple full from Zarzu (ROM) that looked as easy as a playground cartwheel.
- An update on training for comeback masters, Catalina Ponor and Dragulescu.
- Brazilian babies, Rebeca Andrade and Flavia Saraiva put the world on notice at the Flanders International.
- Nastia got engaged and announced the founding of The Shine Agency, but questions about what Shine will actually do still remain.
- Douglas Family Gold will air on Oprah’s Oxygen channel later this year, and Emma has many concerns!
- A listeners discovers that Paul Ruggeri predicted the future of Olympic qualifying on this very show in 2012.
- Since Bea is Romanian, we got a little pronunciation tutorial–even Nadia would be impressed with.
What: Do your favorite Shannon Miller pose or choreography.
How: Post it on Twitter or Instagram, tag us and use hashtag #MillerTimeContest
Deadline: Monday, June 15th
Winner: Gets a copy of Shannon’s book!
The Couch Gymnast coverage of Four Nations Cup.
- 77: Aly Raisman
- Episode 9: Chellsie Memmel, Swiss Cup & FIG Presidential Proposals
- 148: Shannon Miller
- 139: Steve Butcher, President of the FIG Men’s Technical Committee
- 96: Australian Nationals & Men’s European Championships
- 88: Rhonda Faehn & Mackenzie Caquatto
- 74: Melanie Sinclair & A Review of Cirque’s Amaluna
- Episode 58: Charlotte Drury, Fall Euro Series & NCAA De-commits
- Episode 55: Worlds Wrap Up & Ferlito-Gate
- Episode 25: Fan Ye
- Episode 20: Jenni Pinches
- 30: Mary-Anne “Mez” Monckton
See the Must Watch Routines from the Four Nations Cup over on The Couch Gymnast.
Watch this week’s playlist on YouTube here.