2017 US Elite National Championships
- Results, the stick and vault bonus disclaimer, plus E and D winners. (1:48)
- Award Ceremony (6:11)
- The 2017 Jessica O’Beirne Pussilanimouses Will Never Be Heroes Award to Sienna Robinson
- The Best New Accidental Skill Award to Jordan Chiles
- The Living Legend Hero Team Captain Award to Aly Raisman
- The Wrong Answer Award to Nastia Liukin and Tim Daggett
- The Best Performance by an Actress in a Supporting Fall Award to Leah Clapper once, and twice
- The Funniest How I Learned This Skill Award to Emily Gaskins
- The What Could Possibly Go Wrong Award to John Macready. Again.
- Women’s junior competition (37:35)
- Maile O’Keefe is a hit machine with room to upgrade
- Emma Malabuyo is the real deal in the competition floor and off
- “THE GAGE JUNIORS” is the new “hello.”
- Adeline Kenlin did her Podkopayeva! Or is it a Faux-dkopayeva?
- Jay Jay Marshall has all the skills and is planning an upgrade revolution
- Anya Pilgrim’s casual Patterson
- Gabby Perea has the highest bars D score in the world
- Olivia Hollingsworth and how to do a double Arabian
- Fake inbar skills and fake dismounts: an oncoming epidemic?
- Women’s senior competition (1:04:27)
- Ragan Smith only won by 3 and a half points. Simone would be so disappointed
- The Smith Floor Controversy of ’17
- The problem with using “Dixie”
- The problem with using wolf whistles
- Did we like it anyway?
- Jordan Chiles comes back from Classic with a triumphant second place
- Riley McCusker hit a lovely 8 for 8 and got third even with downgrades
- The epic greatness of Trinity Thomas on floor, with a 2.5 stepout, a butterfly, and swashbuckling!
- Did Morgan Hurd really have a “bad” meet?
- Marissa Oakley’s phenomenal bars
- Jade Carey
- The best she has looked on floor so far this year
- Did Amanar problems hurt her worlds chances?
- Ashton Locklear – where does she fit right now?
- Our WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS dream teams
- We found the nation of feelings, so that feelings can send a team to worlds
- Men’s senior competition (1:37:15)
- The US men’s worlds team is Moldauer, Mikulak, Whittenburg, Penev, Naddour and Kimble
- Alternates are Modi, Bower, and Van Wicklen
- And Spencer would like to know what’s the meaning of all this!!!!
- Jessica has the inside scoop from Brett McClure on his process
- Our highlights
This month at Norbert’s
For the month of August, our dear friends at Norbert’s have a case of 36 1-lb boxes of Taiwanese Gymnastic Chalk for $275, shipping included.
Thank you to everyone who participated in Beer with Betty!
— GymCastic (@GymCastic) August 20, 2017
SUPPORT THE SHOW
- Join Club Gym Nerd here with brand new membership tiers, commission your own episode, or commission your own segment.
- Buy some of our awesome merchandise here.
- 263: P&G Championships Preview with Jon Horton
- 261: 2017 U.S. Classic!
- 260: U.S. Classic Preview
- 259: The Nassar Plea, Parkour Responds to FIG, and Ranch Updates!
- 258: The Fluff Cast (Commissioned)
- 257: The Daniels Report
- 262: 1996 Olympic Event Finals (Commissioned)
- 256: 1996 Olympic All-Around Final (Commissioned)
- 255: 1996 Olympic Team Final (Commissioned)
- 254: Vanessa Atler
- 252: Myths, Legends, and Unexpected Moments in Gymnastics History (Commissioned)
- 199: Euros, Classics and the U.S. ManChampionships
- 157: The 2015 Secret Classic
- 156: Pan Am Games Event Finals and Secret Classic Preview