In the news, Uncle Tim, Spencer, and Jessica chat about:
- Why Uncle Tim is soooooooo over the NCAA vs. Elite debate.
- Which elite superstars we are following in college.
- Our top skills, hilarious commentary fails and squeal worthy moments from the first week of full NCAA competition.
- Why water bottles should never, ever, ever be on a gym floor. Ever.
- Spencer’s first “Balance Beam Situation” Code of Points rule.
- Which school all the hipster kids will be fan-girling over this year. Haaaai, George Washington with your 196.
- Reasons why the rare and hardly ever seen in the wild, side tumbling pass for women should be worshipped and appreciated (Thank you, Sadiqua Bynum of UCLA)
- Ebee didn’t compete with a concussion.
- Banning the WOGAtchev
- Sabrina Schwab’s (Utah) floor routine.
- Nina McGee’s 10!
- A review of the new vault values in college gymnastics.
Our weekly roundup of the latest news stories from around the gymternet include:
- Louis Smith’s dog exercise video
- A listener hypothesizes about senior elite injury issues at Cincinnati Gymnastics
- How coach Martin O’Hara was to abuse gymnasts for 20 years before being caught and what the gymnastics community can do to stop this from happening again.
What: It’s the Olympic year, time for another amazing GymCastic giveaway. Frequent guest host, Lauren Hopkins of the Gymter.net has released the first in her young adult fiction series, Finding Our Balance. One lucky listener will have their very own unique skill or routine written into book two of the 2016 trilogy.
How: Tag us in you routine (5 skills) or skill invention with #2016trilogy on our Facebook page or Twitter. For example, “1.5 twisting Shapahnikova catch in reverse grip to immediate Geiger @GymCastic #2016Trilogy”
Prize: A copy of Lauren’s book, Finding Our Balance.
Deadline: Enter by midnight on Sunday, Jan 24th
- Elites in the NCAA data
- Take me! The Listener Survey
- Join Club Gym Nerd here for super affordable $2/month.
- Buy one of our awesome shirts here.
- 146: Taylor Rice and The 2015 NCAA Championships
- 145: Rheagan Courville
- 144: Counter Kim at Game of Regions 2015
- 180: Flamethrowers, the must-have accessory for 2016
- 179: Aliya’s Ink
- 178: Eythora Thorsdottir and Coach Patrick Kiens
- 177: Stella Umeh
- 176: Worlds Wrap-Up Show
- 163: ENOUGH
- Episode 56: Preventing Abuse in Gymnastics
- Episode 28: Kristen Maloney
- 65: NCAA Judge Dean Ratliff, Early Recruiting & Saving Temple Men’s Gymnastics
- 69: 2009 World Champion Kayla Williams & Alabama’s Sarah Patterson
- 74: Melanie Sinclair & A Review of Cirque’s Amaluna