GYMTERNET NEWS (03:28)
- Valeri Liukin has RESIGNED as National Team Coordinator!
- Our reactions
- Was Valeri forced out, or did he decide this himself?
- Who should succeed him as NTC?
- The state of the current WAG program
- We discuss the new verification competition being held at LSU
- …and the ensuing, totally predictable NCAA coach freak out
- The 180 USAG just did on the family chaperone issue, along with our concerns
- Larry Nassar’s FINAL sentencing (37:33)
- We might never have to look at him again!
- The dad who lunged at him in court. Yea or Nay?
- Michigan State offices raided by law enforcement
- The USOC failed to act on Nassar’s abuse for a full year (Shock! Surprise!)
- Senator Gillibrand calls for the DOJ to investigate the USOC
- The New York Times says at least 40 people were abused by Nassar AFTER the FBI already knew about him.
- What an ACTUAL FBI agent told Gina Nichols, and why it sort of blows up USAG’s party line
THE. SIMONE. MOVIE. (52:38)
- Ironically amazing or actually amazing?
- WHAT WAS THAT RANCH?
- That thing where Aimee has to explain to Martha what gymnastics is
- The Biles is really just a whip 1/2, you guys
- Why the casting of the national team maybe needed some work
- And SO MUCH MORE.
MEET NEWS (1:08:57)
- All about THAT Oklahoma/UCLA meet
- We find out how many times Jessica cried
- Why this meet perfectly encapsulated everything about college gymnastics and everything sport should be
- Spencer has to ruin the mood by whining about the scores
- Charlie Tamayo is out at Georgia
- Alex McMurtry explains why she opted out of elite
- Brooklyn Moors won Elite Canada and has a new, UPGRADED floor routine (1:34:18)
SUPPORT THE SHOW
MY GYM JUDGE
This episode is brought to you by MyGymJudge. MyGymJudge bridges the gap between you and the judges. It’s simple. Go to www.mygymjudge.com, submit a video of your routines, and receive detailed analysis from one of our incredible judges.
My Gym Judge sets out to empower athletes, coaches, and parents with the knowledge to both UNDERSTAND their scores and HOW to improve upon them. Their certified judges include judges who judge at Olympic Trials and World Championships, like Chellsie Memmel and Loana Cruz!
GO to www.mygymjudge.com today and use the code GC20 to receive a 20% discount!
- 289: 175 Years
- 288: Ding Dong The Ranch Is Dead
- 287: Simone and Maggie Too
- 286: Cover Your Eyes and Silently Scream
- 282: GymCastic Book Club – Fierce, by Aly Raisman
- 281.5: Aly Raisman Comes Forward As Nassar Victim
- 277.5: McKayla Maroney Alleges Abuse from Nassar
- 259: The Nassar Plea, Parkour Responds to FIG, and Ranch Updates!
- 257: The Daniels Report
- 254: Vanessa Atler
- 246: Kathy Johnson Clarke Regionals Preview
- 245: Steve Penny is GONE
- 243: Senate Bill 534
- 242: Standards
- 241: The Pittsburgh Incident
- 232: Conflict of Interest
- 227: Jane Doe2 Sues Karolyis
- 221: Jane Doe vs. USAG Doctor
- 187: McKayla Maroney
- 88: Rhonda Faehn & Mackenzie Caquatto
The talk of the national team coordinator not having any elites (which i agree with) reminded me of how other sports don\’t always work that way. In womens basketball, college coach Geno Auriemma has been (may have stepped down recently) the olympic and team usa coach despite the fact that college girls are able to be on the team. His own girls have been chosen for team usa. Favoritism maybe going on there but basketball very diff from gymnastics.
Larry Nassar is a monster. Let me make that clear. But violence in the courtroom poses a serious danger to everyone in that courtroom. Whilst beating up Larry might seem like justice on one level, the screams of the victims made the father lunged at Larry made it clear this only added to their anguish. Perpetrating more violence and exposing already traumatized victims to more violence just makes the situation worse. Many victims struggle with a sense of safety after abuse, as many of Nassar\’s victims have described. Brawls in courtrooms do not make people feel safe. More violence just means more pain.
This comment is with regards to Jessica calling the camera person a dumbass and a dipshit. How are we going to end bullying when we refer to people by dumbass and dipshit? There is a way to respectfully call someone out for their bad work. It is unacceptable to call a gymnast that messes up a dumbass or a dipshit and it should be unacceptable to call anyone that. Kids repeat what they hear their parents say – how are we going to end bullying unless we make a conscious decisions to stop calling people bad names and insulting them like that.
I know this show isn\’t intended for kids but they are still listening.
You are right. It’s hard not to name call when people put others in danger. Will try not to do that, except when it comes to Steve Penny…