IN THE NEWS
- Cottbus Results (6:00)
- Skills & Career Updates:
Our weekly roundup of the latest news stories from around the gymternet include (30:00):
- Tickets for Worlds are on sale now.
- College Fantasy Gymnastics draft is now open. It closes on December 30th.
- The Simone Biles News: Florida, Competing in Montreal and some favorite parts from her book, “Courage to Soar.”
- 33% of the FIG delegates wanted to maintain their conflicts of interest.
- Laurie Hernandez reportedly made $360,00o on Dancing With The Stars.
- Lisa Skinner (AUS) in serious accident during her Cirque performance.
- USA Gymnastics Sexual Abuse Investigation:
- Dr Larry Nassar was arrested for sexual assault of a girl (not a patient) in his house while she was between the age of 6-12.
- Third civil lawsuit brought against Nassar, bringing the total to three.
- 13 women to sue Michigan State over Nassar’s alleged sex assaults.
- The sexual abuse against cases involving professional male soccer players in the UK, reminds us that this is a worldwide problem not dependent on sex.
- A Way Forward for USA Gymnastics from a compliance and ethics expert.
- Feedback (1:15:20):
- Ukraine episode
- The chocolate milk consipracy
- Drugs and drinking in gymnastics
The NorbertCastic Mini Bar & Mat Combo Contest. Vote for the winner here.
SUPPORT THE SHOW
- 231: The Rise and Fall of Ukrainian Gymnastics
- 230: The Good News
- 229: All Good Things Come To Those Who Cowboy
- 228: Leotards (Commissioned)
- 185: 2008 Olympic All-Around Finals (Commissioned)
- 74: Melanie Sinclair & A Review of Cirques Amaluna
- 59: What its like to be a Cirque du Soleil Talent Scout
- Episode 38: Svetlana Boginskaya
- 148: Shannon Miller
- Episode 15: Joan Ryan Author of Little Girls in Pretty Boxes
- Episode 17: Growing Up In The Soviet Gymnastics System And Training At Round Lake
- 187: McKayla Maroney
- 186: Amanda Borden
- 177: Stella Umeh
- 77: Aly Raisman
- Episode 48: Kyla Ross
- Episode 41: Laurie Hernandez & Coach Maggie Haney
- Episode 31: Elise Ray
- Episode 28: Kristen Maloney
- Episode 19: Andreea Raducan
- 223: Tasha Schwikert
- 221: Jane Doe vs. USAG Doctor
- US Olympian Files Sexual Assault Lawsuit Against US Team Trainer/Physician
- 220: Get Your Random Trash Aerial Off My Lawn
- Episode 56: Preventing Abuse in Gymnastics
- 163: ENOUGH
- 210: Womens Podium Training at the Rio Olympic Games