In the news, Uncle Tim, Lauren Hopkins, and Jessica chat about:
- The Russian press conference that featured more empty plates than gymnastics
- Hashtag Wars: the official hashtag has been changed from #2015wgc to #Glasgow2015
- The Competition:
- Who’s here and how they qualified
- Competition format: six gymnasts per team, one alternate. Five gymnasts compete on each event in prelims with only four scores counting (5 up 4 count). In finals, only three gymnasts can compete and all three scores count towards the team score (3 up 3 count).
- Lauren plays “How To Get Your Favorite Gymnast To Rio” with Uncle Tim
- Non-nominative vs. Nominative
- Injury report and which teams are on the “Oh Crap We Are Going To Have to Go To The Test Event” List
- Gymnasts you must watch in prelims because although they might not make finals, they will make you believe in the Gym Gods: Thorsdottir, Berki, Wever, Zapata, Millousi and more.
- Jaw-dropping skills you must watch lest you kick yourself forever: Bretschneider on high bar, Ablyzin on floor, Toni-Ann Williams’ Produnova off beam, Chustovitina’s Produnova on vault, Ruby Harold’s Zuchold, Schafer’s side some half.
- Medal Favorites and our predictions: Brenna Dowell will win all the things!
- Personal stories we are following in Glasgow
- Cuba is back for the first time since 2003
- Bahamas, Africa, Caribbean nations representing with exciting gymnasts
- Team Jamaica: from zero to an super exciting, unique, dream making national team
- Chusovitina and the women of women’s gymnastics
Danell Pecht and Kerri Joyce are getting two tickets each for floor seats, t-shirts and hospitality at Elevate the Stage!
Support us! Join Club Gym Nerd here.